Since July we have:
- Continued to be pregnant... despite our little boy attempting to make an early arrival from 27-37 weeks.
- I have been IN LABOR for ten weeks. At least 4 contractions per hour, EVERY hour, EVERY day. The most contractions in an hour thus far has been 15. Woof.
- We received some amazing news back in September. The First Presidency of the church granted our request to be sealed (married) in the Temple. In our church (much like in the Catholic Church) if you have been married previously in the Temple, you must go through a process to be allowed to be married in the temple a second time. In our case, it happened very quickly. Much more quickly than usual. We were able to be sealed on our first anniversary! Some couples wait years, so we were extremely surprised and grateful.
- Our sealing was on October 11th, 2013 in the Seattle Washington LDS Temple. We chose this temple because it is of special significance to us. My family was sealed there when we joined the church. I was just a year and a half older than Maddie! It was really neat to have our sealing there. Not very many of our friends and extended family were able to come, it was very short notice and far away from many of them... but it was lovely to have the ones there who could come.
- Grammy Pam and Papa Chris (John's folks) and Grandma Alda (John's maternal grandmother) stayed with us for a little while after the sealing. Maddie was basically in heaven. She still asks for "Ammy, Papa, and Ow-Bah" frequently. Hopefully we'll be able to see them all again in November for Thanksgiving.
That's just a short wrap up... there have been lots of little things too. :-) Lots of sewing projects, lots of baby-belly drama, LOTS of illness and hospitalizations and tests (for me AND for Maddie)... but that's all pretty boring. Suffice it to say, we're okay right now. When I have pictures from our Sealing Day, I'll post them up for you to see.
Thanks for checking in!